Monday, August 07, 2006

Oh the pain!

Today, I went back to the ortho. They pulled out my appliance for my palate..... the roof of my mouth. In order to do this, they apply enough pressure to break the seal of the cement. My teeth were already sensitive due to the fact that the appliance was moving them around. I screamed like a baby! At one time I asked the ortho assistant if my teeth were still in there and thankfully they were. After this, they made an impression to get ready for the appliance that is taking me the rest of the way. I will get the new appliance in two weeks. Unfotunately though, they had to put the old appliance back in to make sure they kept the space where it was. Just as they had trouble getting both sides in the first time, they had to wrestle it back in this time and more pain ensued.

On the bright side, while the appliance was out, I went around the office, when I got up to wrinse my mouth out and stuff, mumbling and talking and enjoying the space I have been with out for so many weeks. Ahh. It felt like I actually had more room in my mouth. Judging by the appliance I have on, I have widened at least a good 1/4 inch in the last 5.5 weeks. Except for the obvious soreness in the teeth on occassion, I haven't felt any pain from the appliance doing its job on my bones. I have only felt a little pressure from it. Yippy! Anyway, it is back to food processor food again. After doing what they did today, my teeth alignment is off again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home