Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pigs in Space!


Spacers! Spacers! The boy got spacers. Spacers are these little rubber bumpers wedged between my teeth. They were hard to get in, the assistant couldn't even use the tool, she opted for the floss method. Lots of fun. I was told to live on tylenol for the next week to relieve myself of the pain that will come from the constant pressure. At first, it felt kind of groovy and tingly. Now, I know I will be writhing with discomfort. It is not here yet, but I know it is coming. On the 30th, I get braces. About three weeks after that, I get the appliances to widen my jaw. I thought I was getting the appliances at the same time as the braces next week, but I misunderstood. I am surprised at the psychological effects on me. I really feel important, doing this for myself. I want to go around and show everyone the little blue rubber thingys wedged in my teeth. So, before I run across the street to show my neighbors, I will show you out in cyberspace first.

3 Comments:

Blogger Day by Day said...

Woooah! I had braces for seven years... SERIOUSLY! I was one of the first patients to my dentist who put them on me. They aren't pleasant! Good Luck!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Chuchey Dradey said...

Thanks. My ortho just celebrated his 30th year, his office is crowded and he promised me 34 months. I couldn't imagine 7 years, but its not over till its over.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jim Looby said...

You should feel good. This is something you've wanted to do for awhile now. Good on ya.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home