Thursday, June 29, 2006

More Metal to Make room for my tongue.

As I mentioned in previous blogs, I have a really small mouth. So small, my tongue does not fit properly. Either that, or I have an extra large tongue. I went back today and had the Palatal Expanders slapped in as well as some brackets and wires. The Expanders will widen my upper and lower jaws. For your enjoyment, I am giving you this link to see what it is I have in my mouth that makes me talk funny right now. Expanders

These things really work. The top one, that is turned by a key to expand, left a definite odd feeling up through my nose as Francis (the ortho assistant) showed Teach how to turn it. Lots of fun. I can't chew for a while since my teeth don't meet up anymore. I am buying stock in Smoothie King this week.

In addition to all the metal, the brackets get colored bands that can be changed in and out each time I visit. For the next three weeks, in honor of fourth of July, I will have red, white, and blue. Next time, I am getting black and gold to celebrate the beginning of school and my school's colors. The kids should love it.

Later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home